Sunday, February 2, 2014

Gymnastics Yoga Book

Inspired partially by gymnastics class and partially by Grandma Cox's yoga class, Elsie decided to write a book for Grandma Cox.  She put it together one night while I was fixing dinner.  I didn't even realize what she was doing until she was already done!  She even bound it with scotch tape all by herself.  Cute, huh?  The next day I took pictures of the pages while Elsie told me what was happening on each page.  The captions are the notes that I took from Elsie.

Title Page
 Grandma Cox and Elsie (because Grandma does Yoga)

Page 1
Elsie with arms extended getting ready for a somersault

Page 2
Downward facing dog, then standing up, then laying flat on tummy and pushing up with arms.

Page 3
Standing up straight with arms to side
Page 4
Getting ready for a backwards somersault (Elsie learned that at her last gymnastics class).

Page 5
Elsie relaxing, hands to side, face down.
Page 6
Feet together, stretching knees out, and head to toes.

Page 7
Grandma Cox on left, Elsie on right standing on one leg.

Elsie says she wants to be an artist when she grows up, and up to now I can believe it!  She's always doing "projects" and making cards, paper hearts, pictures, or beaded stuff.  Maybe she will be famous someday?  :)

See ya,
Ryan, Sarah, Elsie, and Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment